The DGA Reports Compliance Department gathers and processes the documents necessary to make certain Guild members receive what they are due under the collectively bargained agreements. These documents include Deal Memos and Post Production Addendum, Quarterly Gross Earnings Reports, Quarterly Employment Data Reports, and the Weekly Work List.
This data directly improves the benefits and working conditions of its members and ensures that the members' rights are protected. A key aid in this process is the Work Report Hotline which is used by members to report their scheduled employment.
Document Submission Info
- All reports and deal memos can be sent via fax (310) 289-5393 or email to RCforms@dga.org.
- To reach members of the DGA Reports Compliance Department call (310) 289-2064.
Frequently Asked Questions
Listed below are answers to frequently asked questions about DGA deal memos and reports compliance forms.
1. What is the Guaranteed Period?
The guaranteed period is the amount of time by which the signatory company guarantees to employ the member.
2. The Deal Memo has no place to put the Production Fee, where do I put it?
The Production Fee can be written on the “Other Conditions” line.
3. I have hired a Location Manager and Assistant UPM but there is no box to mark. What do I mark it?
Location Managers and Assistant UPMs fall under the Second Second AD Category. Mark the Second Second AD box and write Location Manager or Assistant UPM on the Other Conditions line.
4. I have hired an Audience Switcher but there is no Audience Switcher checkbox. What do I mark?
The Audience Switcher falls under the Associate Director Category. Mark the Associate Director box and write Audience Switcher on the Other Conditions line.
5. What should go on the Signatory Co. line? Should I write my name on that line and sign beneath on the “By” line?
The name of the Signatory Company should go on the Signatory Company line and an authorized signor of the Signatory Company should sign on the “By” line underneath the name of Signatory Company.
6. My project is for theatrical release, should I use the Basic Agreement Theatrical or Low Budget Deal Memo?
If the project’s budget is 9.5 million or more, use the Basic Agreement Theatrical deal memo. If the budget is less than 9.5 million, use the Low Budget Theatrical deal memo.
7. I am working on an episodic series and hiring members for one day. Do I need to write the episode information on the Deal Memo?
Yes. When hiring daily employees, the episode name and number is required. If the episode name has yet to be determined, the episode number is still required.
Tips to DGA Members:
If you have questions about your deal memo, contact the Reports Compliance Department at (310) 289-2064 or email firstname.lastname@example.org with your reports compliance questions.