- American Film Institute - AFI's conservatory features graduate programs in cinematography, directing, editing, producing, production design and screenwriting.
- Boston University College of Communication - prepares students for success in either the professional or academic world in the interrelated fields of film, television and new media.
- Chapman University’s Dodge College of Film and Media Arts - offers a complete array of undergraduate and graduate degrees for students interested in all facets of film and media arts.
- Columbia University Film School - located in New York, Columbia University offers MFA programs in Screenwriting/Directing and Creative Producing; an MA program in Film Studies and the undergraduate degrees in Film Studies.
Florida State University College of Motion Picture Arts
- located in Tallahassee, Florida, the College of Motion Picture Arts offers MFAs in Production and Screenwriting, and BFAs in Production, and also Animation and Digital Arts. The college funds all of its student productions.
- Los Angeles Film School - located in the heart of Hollywood, the Los Angeles Film School offers Associate of Science Degree Programs in Film, Game Production, and Computer Animation designed and taught by industry professionals.
- Loyola Marymount University School of Film and Television - offers undergraduate and graduate programs in Film & Television Production, Screenwriting, and more.
- Motion Picture Institute of Michigan - offers a Motion Picture Production Program that is entirely hands-on, and designed and taught by film professionals.
- The New School for Public Engagement - offers courses in Media Studies and Production, Film Studies and Production, Film and Media Business, Screenwriting and graduate programs in Media Studies and Film.
- New York Film Academy - offers hands-on training and undergraduate and graduate programs in filmmaking.
- NYU/Tisch School of the Arts - offers undergraduate and graduate programs in the performing and cinematic arts.
- Seattle Film Institute - the largest film school in the Northwest U.S., SFI offers part-time classes, bachelors degrees, masters degrees and certificate programs in film and digital video production.
- UCLA School of Theater, Film and Television - the study of theater, film, television and digital media is integrated within a single professional school where the approach to instruction seamlessly combines theory and practice.
- UCLA Extension - Entertainment Studies - offers choices that range from single courses to a full certificate programs in Directing, Acting, Cinematography, Development, Producing, Business & Management of Entertainment and more.
- USC School of Cinematic Arts - offers programs in Animation & Digital Arts, Critical Studies, Interactive Media, Film & Television Production, Producing, and Writing.
- University of Texas at Austin Department of Radio-Television-Film - offers undergraduate and graduate programs in Film & Television Production, Film Studies, Screenwriting, and more.
The DGA lists the above sites solely as a convenience to Internet users. The DGA is not responsible for the content of any linked site. By listing a site, the DGA does not thereby recommend, endorse, sponsor, support or approve of the site, nor of the contents of the site, nor of any statement, claim, assertion or representation made on the site. By listing a site, the DGA does not thereby recommend, endorse, sponsor, support or approve of any product, service, publication, company, organization, or other entity or thing. For linking information/questions or comments contact Darrell Hope at the DGA National Office.