DGA Sponsored Festivals
- City of Lights/City of Angels - Each April, passionate francophiles reserve time to attend the West Coast's leading showcase for contemporary French films.
- Los Angeles Asian Pacific Film Festival - promotes Asian and Asian Pacific American fictional and documentary cinema.
- Los Angeles Film Festival - produced by Film Independent, showcasing independent North American feature and short films, documentaries, and music videos.
- Pan African Film Festival - Established in 1992, The Pan African Film Festival (PAFF) is a non-profit corporation dedicated to the promotion of cultural and racial tolerance and understanding through the exhibition of film, art and creative expression.
- Outfest - builds bridges among audiences, filmmakers and the entertainment industry through the exhibition of high-quality gay, lesbian, bisexual and transgender-themed films and videos.
- Slamdance Film Festival - showcases films by first-time directors who have made lower budgeted films that do not have domestic distribution.
- South by Southwest Film Festival and Conference (SXSW) - nine nights largely devoted to independent productions as well as works from established directors as well as a five-day conference on filmmaking and marketing hosted by indie film professionals.
- Sundance Film Festival - celebrates work at the forefront of independent cinema.
- Urbanworld - competitively showcases films about multicultural urban life.
For information on other film festivals see:
The DGA lists the above sites solely as a convenience to Internet users. The DGA is not responsible for the content of any linked site. By listing a site, the DGA does not thereby recommend, endorse, sponsor, support or approve of the site, nor of the contents of the site, nor of any statement, claim, assertion or representation made on the site. By listing a site, the DGA does not thereby recommend, endorse, sponsor, support or approve of any product, service, publication, company, organization, or other entity or thing. For linking information/questions or comments contact Darrell Hope at the DGA National Office.