- The Association of Film Commissioners International (AFCI) - is the official professional organization for film commissioners who assist film, television and video production throughout the world. It is a non-profit educational association whose members serve as city, county, state, regional, provincial or national film commissioners for their respective governmental jurisdictions.
- FilmCommissioners.com - allows you to watch film commissions, from all over the world, talking about what their locations offer.
- European Film Commissions Network - a non-profit association which supports and promotes the European film industry and culture.
California Film Commission
- FilmL.A., Inc. - a private, non-profit, public benefit corporation, created in 1995 to streamline the film permit process and provide filmmakers with the convenience of one-stop filming assistance. Before 1995, the City of Los Angeles and County of Los Angeles each operated its own film office. FilmL.A., Inc. integrates and privatizes film permitting for both offices as well as other municipalities, the Los Angeles Unified School District and the Angeles National Forest. FilmL.A., Inc.’s Board is representative of all the stakeholders in on-location filming: studios and independent producers, commercial producers, industry guilds and unions, major industry vendors, and neighborhood and civic leaders.
- Aspen Film - locations, permits, and casting.
- Chicago Film Office - includes information about films currently being produced in the city, procedures for filming, and extras casting.
- Colorado Office of Film Television & Media - provides services and information for film and video production throughout the state.
- El Paso Film Commission - a manual to assist filmmakers in the Southwest.
- Film Florida Online - statewide information on products, services, and crews available for film production in Florida.
- Fresno Film Commission - services to assist filmmakers, production companies, location managers and other production personnel while in the Central Valley.
- Greater Philadelphia Film Office - provides free assistance with parking, permits, labor, and locations, and acts as the liaison between the production and the local community in the Philadelphia, PA area.
- Houston Film Commission - resources and professional local crews.
- Idaho Film Office - locations, crew, equipment, permits, and climate information.
- Inland Empire Film Commission - provides free services to the entertainment industry to promote economic development.
- Louisiana Entertainment - offers information on filming in Louisiana along with providing a searchable database of available crews and of location photography.
- Maine Film Office - helps film, TV and video producers find locations and other resources in the state of Maine.
- Mariposa County Film Commission - with an online gallery of locations and other film resources.
- Maryland Film Office - incentives, crews and resources.
- Massachusetts Film Office - incentives, locations, production resources, production guide and more.
- Maui County Film Office - with downloadable permits, resource listings, official liaison information.
- Miami-Dade Office of Film and Entertainment - offers government requirements and regulations for local production.
- Minnesota Film & TV Board - location scouts, production mavens and community wranglers.
- Missouri Film Commission - founded to promote the growth of the film and video production industry within the state.
- Montana Film Office - a central information source for on-location filmmakers.
- Monterey County Film Commission - includes information on locations, available support services, area attractions, and more.
- Nebraska Film Office - provides searches for crews and equipment, information about filming in Nebraska, famous Nebraskans, a photo gallery, and more.
Nevada Film Office - provides information and resources on locations, production infrastructure, support services, public properties & requirements, private sector contacts, and permitting & jurisdictions.
- New Mexico Film Office - offers liaison and consultation services for those filming within the state.
- North Carolina Film Office - features information on filming locations and contact information.
- Ocala/Marion County Film Commission - a look at the locations available in our area.
- Ohio Film Office - available to efficiently assist the film and television industry.
- Oregon Film & Video Office - helps productions find, secure, and utilize locations.
- Palm Springs Bureau of Tourism - location photos, contacts and resources for filming in the City of Palm Springs, California.
- Piedmont Triad Film Commission - offering location scouting, gov't. liaison, and overnight access to a photo location library.
- Pittsburgh Film Office - has shepherded over 50 feature film and television productions into the Pittsburgh area since it's inception in 1990. The office provides location assistance and facilitates obtaining permissions and permits.
- Rhode Island Film & TV Office - location photos, film production guide, maps and weather information, and links to other RI sites.
- San Francisco Film and Video Commission - offers permit expediting, scouting, and consultation services for film production in the city.
- San Luis Obispo County Film Commission - permits, location photos, and resources.
- Santa Cruz County Film Commission - guide to shooting locations, resources, permits, and contact information.
- Saratoga County Film Commission - crews, location guide, and photo galleries.
- Savannah Film Office - incentives, crews, and photo galleries.
- South Carolina Film Office - information on locations, crew, and services for companies producing feature films, tv programs, commercials, and print ads.
- St. Petersburg/Clearwater Area Film Commission - permits, locations, and production resources.
- USC Filming Office - handles all the commercial filming done on campus. This site offers location scouts an opportunity to see the campus and find out what the guidelines and fees are.
- Utah Film Commission - dedicated to providing service to the film and television community.
- Virginia Film Office - information on tax exemptions, crew and support services. Local and regional information including maps and weather. Complete production services directory online.
- Yosemite Film Commission - enhancing awareness of the unique features and filming qualities of the region.
The DGA lists the above sites solely as a convenience to Internet users. The DGA is not responsible for the content of any linked site. By listing a site, the DGA does not thereby recommend, endorse, sponsor, support or approve of the site, nor of the contents of the site, nor of any statement, claim, assertion or representation made on the site. By listing a site, the DGA does not thereby recommend, endorse, sponsor, support or approve of any product, service, publication, company, organization, or other entity or thing. For linking information/questions or comments contact Darrell Hope at the DGA National Office.