Join fellow DGA members and industry professionals on July 26 for a whole day of learning and networking around the creative, technical and business issues emerging from the new digital technologies.
This event is for DGA Members and their Guests only.
PANELS, PRESENTATIONS AND SCREENINGS in Theater 1 and 2
FEATURED GUEST SPEAKER
Jon Favreau (Director, Chef, Iron Man)
SPHERICAL STORYTELLING: VIRTUAL REALITY TAKES OFF
Panelists: Scott Broock (VP of Content, Jaunt VR) • Gregory Plotkin (Director, Black Mass, Paranormal Activity 5). Moderator: Jeff Kleiser (CEO, Synthespian Studios; VFX Supervisor, X-Men Trilogy).
WHAT’S NEW ON THE WEB?
Panelists: Reza Izad (Partner & CEO, Collective Digital Studios) • Brian Robbins (CEO & Founder, AwesomenessTV) • Alejandro Trevino (Executive Producer, Entertainment Division, Maker Studios). Moderator/Panelist: Jon Avnet (Co-Founder, WIGS.)
NEW TECHNOLOGIES FOR LIVE SHOWS: EXPANDING THE CREATIVE TOOLKIT
Panelists: Aaron Bleyaert (Sr. Producer, Team Coco Digital) • Gregg Gelfand (Director, Rising Star, American Idol) • Robb Wagner (Founder/CEO, Stimulated Inc.; Segment Director, Dancing with the Stars “Paula Abdul Dream Medley”) • Glenn Weiss (Director, The 68th Annual Tony Awards, 2014 Billboard Music Awards) • John A. Wooden (Executive Producer, Team Coco Digital). Moderator: Jonathan X (Director, Radio Disney Music Awards Festival, Tavis Smiley).
CREATIVE AND PRODUCTION iPHONE & iPAD APPS FOR DIRECTORS AND DIRECTOR’S TEAM MEMBERS
Presented by: Susan Zwerman (Chair, DGA AD/UPM VFX/Digital Technology Committee).
NEXT GENERATION CINEMA TECHNOLOGY
Presented by: Andy Maltz (Managing Director, Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences' Sciences & Technology Council).
HANDS-ON DEMOS AND EXHIBITS in the Grand Lobby and Theater 3
- EXPLORE storytelling in Virtual Reality wearing the latest VR Headsets to experience media in 360 degrees (Demo by The Third Floor)
- COMMUNICATE virtual production effectively with your creative team using the Zeus: Scout app on your iPad to storyboard, previz and more. (Demo by Zoic Studios)
- NAVIGATE a remote location with the BeamPro Smart Presence System. (Demo by Suitable Technologies)
- DISCOVER CG crowd solutions with Before and After mixing of CG and GS people. (Demo by Pixel Magic)
- REPLICATE an existing object or person by creating its virtual representation using 3D Scanning. (Demo by TNG)
- PLUG INTO a user-friendly, on-demand pipeline to create budget-conscious, dynamic multimedia content for a variety of platforms. (Demo by Breezelooks)
- LEARN how to get ISPs to stop their subscribers from file-sharing your content. (Demo by Rightscorp, Inc.)
- EXAMINE the uses of 3D printing for efficient fabrication in production. (Demo by New Deal Studios)
- LOCATE CREATIVE COLLABORATORS for your projects through a dedicated online professional network. (Creative District)
- EXPERIENCE 360° interactive video on multiple devices across a variety of platforms. (Demo by Immersive Media)
- FIND connections to the Chinese Film & TV Industry. (Demo by UCFTI EXPO)
- ENHANCE image capture with a high-end LED Lighting System. (Demo by Digital Sputnik)
- TRY OUT the latest camera and technologies from ARRI, Jaunt VR, JVC, Panasonic, RED and Sony.
Registration Fee: $35
Includes Continental Breakfast, and Lunch at the DGA