On June 7, the Women’s Steering Committee (WSC) invited Assistant Directors, Associate Directors, Stage Managers and Production Associates to an evening of networking and conversation at DGA Headquarters in Los Angeles during their 2012 mixer for director’s team members.
Titled Building a Bridge for the Future, the mixer provided an opportunity for these Guild members to make connections and establish the beginnings of constructive relationships with a group of nearly thirty invited producers, Unit Production Managers and production executives with hiring authority.
After an informal reception and introductions, the participating VIPs had a chance to get acquainted with the members in one-on-one sesssions.
The participating VIPs were:
- UPM Bill Badalato (Exile from Babylon)
- UPM Billy Badalato (Flying Man)
- Producer/UPM Nan Bernstein-Freed (Prime Suspect)
- Co-Producer/UPM Alan Connell (Happy Endings)
- Producer/UPM Chris Cronyn (Waking Madison)
- Producer/UPM Jeffrey Downer (Hawaii Five-0)
- Producer/UPM Sara Fischer (Hawthorne)
- Co-Producer/UPM Michele Greco (Animal Practice)
- Producer/UPM Victor Hsu (Little Brother)
- Director/Producer/UPM Leslie Jackson-Houston (I Hate My Teenage Daughter)
- Producer/UPM Richard King (The League)
- Producer/UPM Jim Klever-Weis (Body of Proof)
- Producer/UPM Jules Kovisars (The Double)
- UPM Bob Kozicki (The Protector)
- UPM Heidi McGowan (Body of Proof)
- Producer/UPM Richard Prince (CSI: NY)
- Producer Jeanine Rohn (Vipaka)
- UPM Jason Saville (Happy Endings)
- Producer/UPM Dwayne Shattuck (Magic City)
- Producer/UPM Hilton Smith (The Following)
- Line Producer/UPM/1st AD Daniel Sollinger (California Winter)
- Co-Producer/UPM Jerram Swartz (Deaf Ghost)
- Co-Producer/UPM Rick Tunell (NCIS: Los Angeles)
- Co-Producer/UPM Jeanne Marie Van Cott (The Client List)
- Co-Producer/UPM Danielle Weinstock (Zeke and Luther)
- Co-Producer/UPM Ian Woolf (Criminal Minds)
- Co-Producer/UPM Sally Young (Modern Family)
In addition to having a chance to get acquainted with our members, each VIP participant was also presented with a resume booklet of all the DGA participants.